The WSVMA is calling all recent grads, 2017 – 2023, interested in leadership development to apply for a scholarship to attend the AVMA Veterinary Leadership Conference (VLC) which takes place January 4-6, 2024 in Chicago. Attendees will expand and hone leadership skills while connecting with a diverse network of colleagues from all walks of the veterinary profession.
Why attend AVMA VLC?
VLC equips veterinary professionals at all career stages to take on new challenges and leadership roles that benefit both the individual attendee and the veterinary profession.
- Evolve your leadership skills – Gain new insights, expand your personal toolset, and learn from those who have come before you.
- Connect with a diverse network of leaders from across the veterinary profession.
- Deepen your understanding of how the AVMA works and discover exciting opportunities to get involved!
Apply today! It’s simple!
- Write a brief statement as to why you wish to attend VLC and submit to Candace Joy ([email protected]) no later than Nov. 6, 2023.
- The applicant receiving the scholarship agrees to 1) attend a WSVMA Board meeting within six months of VLC and 2) provide a statement for the LDC members and Board of Directors on what they learned and how it can benefit the organization and themselves personally moving forward. Selected individuals are encouraged to participate in volunteerism with the WSVMA, if they are not already.
- Applicant must be a WSVMA member and graduated from vet school between 2017-2023. Applicants can be self-nominated or made by another WSVMA member. The WSVMA Board of Directors will select the candidate.
The scholarship includes conference registration, travel, hotel, and most meals.
We’d love to have you join us for the 2024 AVMA Veterinary Leadership Conference!
Questions? Contact Candace Joy at [email protected] or call (800) 399-7862.