As a veterinarian, you’ve followed your calling to support the health and wellbeing of animals. While the rewards of your chosen profession are plenty, the transition into practice can be challenging. That’s why we are excited to be collaborating with MentorVet to provide you with extra support in the transition to practice.
Designed to help early-career veterinarians thrive, MentorVet is an evidence-based program that delivers the peer support, coaching, and mentorship you need to ease into the veterinary profession.
Thanks to the generous support of Chewy Health, WSVMA is excited to offer 5 full scholarships for current WSVMA members who are new or recent veterinary graduates to participate in the MentorVet program beginning in the Spring of 2023.
This five-month virtual mentorship and professional development program aims to promote wellbeing in the transition to practice by providing a combination of training in professional skills, financial and mental health coaching, and mentorship.
- MentorVet has 5 self-paced online learning modules in professional skills and monthly 1-hour small peer group Zoom meetings with 5-10 other early-career veterinarians.
- Get ongoing individual support, if needed, with one of our highly qualified and trained mentors.
- Get access to mental health and financial coaching.
- The program will extend from June 11th – November 30th, 2023.
- MentorVet has been approved for 10 hours of continuing education credits in jurisdictions that recognize RACE approval. The MentorVet program is also approved in the state of New York.
- To learn more about MentorVet, visit www.mentorvet.net
- For frequently asked questions visit the about page at www.mentorvet.net/about
- Applicants must be WSVMA members
- Participants must be veterinarians who graduated between the years of 2018-2023
- Participants must be able to dedicate 3-4 hours per month for 5 months
Applications will be accepted beginning Saturday May 6, 2023 at 9:30 am (PST) and closing May 26, 2023. Please click the link below to apply. These full scholarships will be offered on a first come first serve basis.
*You will need your WSVMA login credentials to apply for this program. If you are currently unable to login, please email us at [email protected].