Online registration is open for this year’s Pacific NW Conference taking place Sept. 22-24, 2023 at the Greater Tacoma Convention Center. Register today to learn from stellar scientific speakers, business experts and special guests that will be presenting a variety of cutting-edge topics. Veterinary technicians will hold their Annual Conference concurrently.
The Conference Program this year offers over 140 hours of CE. Featured speakers and topics include:
Small Animal Medicine Program
- John Rush, DVM, DACVIM, DACVECC – Cardiology
- Emily Karlin, DVM, DACVIM – Cardiology
- Jennifer Bennett, DVM, MS and Sarah Mantovani, DVM, MS – Shelter Medicine
- Lindsey Elam, DVM, MPH – Cannabinoids in Vet Med
- Lauren Powers, DVM, DABVP – Backyard Chicken Diseases
- Andrew Woolcock, DVM, DACVIM – Immune-Mediated Diseases
- Steven Thompson, DVM, DABVP – Behavior Pharmacology
- Shana O’Marra, DVM, DACVECC – Emergency Medicine
- Kathrine Haman, DVM, MS, Jenn Mannas, LVT, and Alysha Evans, LVT – Wildlife Rehabilitation
- Maura Gibson, DVM, DACVPM – Accreditation Module 38 – Foreign animal diseases in companion animals
- Minden Buswell, DVM, MPH, DACVPM – Brucella canis disease trends and case guidance
- Claire Burbick, DVM, PHD, DACVM & Erica Fuhrmeister, PHD, MS – Antibiotic Prescription Practices in Small, Mixed and Large Animal Medicine
- Amber Itle, DVM, MS – Reportable Diseases of Companion Animals and Farm Animals with Names
Equine Medicine Program
- and Debra Sellon, DVM, PHD – Hematology and Antimicrobials
- Stephen White, DVM, DACVD – Equine Dermatology
- More exciting topics announced soon!
Large Animal Medicine Program
- Clair Burbick, DVM, PHD, DACVM – Antimicrobial Stewardship in Agricultural Animal Medicine
- Amber Itle, DVM, MS – Updates from the State Veterinarian
- Brandon Hopkins, PHD, MS – Taking the Sting out of Honey Bee Veterinary Medicine
- More exciting topics announced soon!
- Jon Tunheim, JD – Hope Inspired Leadership
- Hilary Koenigs, DVM – New paraprofessional program to help veterinarians
- Dori Borjesson, DVM, MPVM, PHD – Workforce Development
- Sajaan Bhakta, PHD – Wellbeing and Communication
- Carolyn Shadle, PHD and John Meyer, PHD – Essential Communication Skills
- Elizabeth Collern, DVM, MS, DABVP – Feline Practice
- Michael Ling – Recruitment and Engagement
- Shauna Feldsher, CVT, CCFP, CFVP, VTS – Support Staff Satisfaction
- Stacee Santi, DVM – Client Loyalty
Can’t miss topics
Have you been dying to know how AI is reshaping Vet Med? Join Joe Coury as he lays out how it will affect your practice. He’ll also cover the seismic shift in how private equity and venture capital is reshaping the profession. As the Chief Financial Officer of UrbanVet, he and Cherri Trusheim, DVM, UrbanVet owner will offer a candid discission on practice ownership.
Danielle Alleman, DVM offers a guide to building a sustainable career in Vet Med as well as employee retention.
Maurice Cottman, WSU/CVM’s Diversity Officer, will present two hours on implicit bias. This will satisfy the upcoming health equity training requirement for veterinarians and veterinary technicians.
Tyler Primavera, DVM will offer training on serving Spanish speaking clients in your practice.
Finally, Lauren Schweizer, ARNP and Dawn Ipsen, PharmD will present two hours on women’s health. Our profession is overwhelmingly female, and maintaining excellent health is imperative to a successful career. Reproductive health and menopause will be covered, including treatment options.
- Grant Middleton, DVM – Ultrasound Basics and Advanced
- Diane Carle, DVM, DAVDC – Feline and Canine Dental Extractions
- Beth Fritzler, DVM – Practical Veterinary Finance for Practice Owners and Managers
- Monique Feyrecilde, LVT, VTS – Behavior Essentials
- Benita Altier, LVT, VTS – Dentistry
We anticipate a full exhibit hall with up to 100 exhibitors and sponsors so you can learn about the latest goods and services they offer to help us in our work. Thanks to our many exhibitors and sponsors, attendees will have ample opportunities to meet with vendor representatives, learn about their products, and place orders.
This year’s conference will provide robust opportunities for you to reunite and reconnect with your colleagues and old friends and meet new ones. We’ll have a social with a DJ on Friday night, awards, contests and raffles with prizes to win – all to make your conference experience fun and memorable. Closer to the conference, we’ll launch the PNWVC App where you can set your schedule, review each session, and download proceedings.
Access conference information on the PNWVC website and watch for the registration packet to arrive in your mailbox soon. The weekend promises to be fun and educational and we look forward to seeing you at the premier Pacific Northwest CE weekend for veterinarians, veterinary technicians, and the entire veterinary team!
Veterinarians, veterinary students, and hospital staff (except technicians and assistants) register here.
Veterinary technicians and assistants, register here.
Wish to exhibit? Register for a booth here.