Pacific Northwest Veterinary Conference – Have you registered?
Online registration is open for this year’s Pacific NW Conference taking place Sept. 30-Oct. 2, 2022 at the Greater Tacoma Convention Center. Register today to learn from stellar scientific speakers, business experts, and special guests that will be presenting a variety of cutting-edge topics. Veterinary technicians will hold their Annual Conference concurrently. Finally, we’re back in person!
This year’s keynote speaker, Dr. Mary Gardner will speak on Sat., Oct. 1 on geriatrics and end of life. Care Credit is graciously sponsoring this program.
Small Animal Medicine Program
The Small Animal Medicine Program covers quite a range of topics this year. Featured speakers and topics include:
- Mark Acierno, DVM, MBA, DACVIM – Urology/Nephrology
- Eric Hoots DVM, MS, DACVS – Surgery
- Mike Thoesen, DVM, MS, DAVCS – Diagnosis/treatment of developmental bone diseases
- Mark Ottinger, DVM, CCRP –Physical rehabilitation
- Tamara Grubb, DVM, PHD, DACVAA – Pain management
- Jessica Bunch, DVM, CCRT, CVA – Therapeutic lasers
- Nell Ostermeier, DVM, CVA, FAAVA – Acupuncture and traditional Chinese veterinary medicine
- Jordan Nickell, DVM, DACVAA and Teela Jones, DVM, MS, DACVAA – Anesthesia
- Vanessa Rizzo, DVM, DACVO – Oncology
- Lauren Powers, DVM, DAVBP – Avian and exotic pet medicine and surgery
- Andrea Fascetti, VMD, PHD, DACVN, DACVIM – Nutrition
Equine Medicine Program
The Equine Medicine Program covers a range of topics this year. Featured speakers include:
- Ashley Cameron, DVM, DACVS (candidate) – Surgery
- Amanda Craven, DVM – Equine gastrointestinal disease
- Kurt Selberg, DVM, DACVR – Radiology
- Jamie Pribyl, DVM – Veterinary wellbeing and equine asthma
- John Chalk, DVM, CPA, CFA – Business management
- Jacquelin Boggs, DVM, MS, DACVIM, Bobby Cowles, DVM, MS, MBA and Steve Latimer, DVM, MS – Regenerative medicine
Large Animal Medicine Program
Featured speakers in the Large Animal Medicine program include:
- Scott Radke, DVM, DABVT – Toxicology
- Fauna Smith, DVM, PHD, DACVIM – Small ruminant medicine
- Amber Itle, DVM, MS – State Veterinarian updates and farm biosecurity plans
- Craig McConnel, DVM, PHD – Research updates
- Laura Williams, DVM, PHD – Ruminant parasites
- Mark Kirkpatrick, DVM, MS – Genomic programs in dairy hers
- Brian Joseph, DVM, MFAS, CertAQV – Climate change and veterinary medicine
Practice Management and Can’t Miss Topics
Can’t find a technician to hire? Not entirely sure of what they’re legally allowed to do? Join us for a half-day in a Master Class in Finding and Retaining Veterinary Technicians. This is an important program to help you address the technician shortage.
Wellbeing is a major focus at this year’s conference. Well-known Julie Squires, CCFS will present a half-day to help you struggle less, suffer less and love your life, your work, and yourself more. Dr. Brian Joseph presents a session on finding peace with your veterinary career. Sajaan Bhakta, PhD will offer assistance to help you manage compassion fatigue, anxiety, and stress. Jon Tunheim, JD speaks on how hope is an important and leading predictor of wellbeing.
On our recent diversity, equity, and inclusion survey, we received requests for sessions on creating an inclusive work culture and mastering your cross-cultural communication skills. Join Dr. Marie Sato Quicksall from the Multicultural Veterinary Medical Association for these two workshops.
Vet Candy’s Dr. Jill Lopez will present a half-day on a variety of timely professional topics you won’t want to miss. She’ll highlight veterinary success stories, share branding secrets for your practice and discuss five non-traditional veterinary careers.
Exciting sessions abound on compounding regulatory trends, starting a new veterinary practice, reportable diseases in Washington, veterinary regulatory activity, hot legal topics, as well as a session on Orcas and their possible extinction.
We anticipate a full exhibit hall with up to 100 exhibitors and sponsors so you can learn about the latest goods and services they offer to help us in our work. Thanks to our platinum sponsor, Omni Practice Group, and our many exhibitors and sponsors, attendees will have ample opportunities to meet with vendor representatives, learn about their products, and place orders.
This year’s conference will provide robust opportunities for you to reunite and reconnect with your colleagues and old friends and meet new ones. We’ll have a social with a DJ on Friday night, awards, contests, and raffles with prizes to win – all to make your conference experience fun and memorable. Closer to the conference, we’ll launch the PNWVC App where you can set your schedule, review each session, and download proceedings.
Access conference information on the WSVMA website and watch for the registration packet to arrive in your mailbox soon. The weekend promises to be fun and educational and we look forward to seeing you at the premier Pacific Northwest CE weekend for veterinarians, veterinary technicians, and the entire veterinary team!
Veterinarians, veterinary students, and hospital staff (except technicians and assistants) register here.
Veterinary technicians and assistants, register here.
Posted July 8, 2022