Recent grads – Apply for a scholarship to attend the 2022 AVMA Veterinary Leadership Conference
The WSVMA is calling all recent grads who are interested in leadership development to register for the AVMA Veterinary Leadership Conference which takes place in Chicago January 6-9, 2022 with a select number of education sessions available virtually. Attendees will expand and hone leadership skills while connecting virtually with a diverse network of colleagues from all walks of the veterinary profession. This virtual conference will be a fitting opportunity to learn about Leadership in Times of Change.
Why attend AVMA VLC?
VLC equips veterinary professionals at all career stages to take on new challenges and leadership roles that benefit the individual attendee, their practice, and the veterinary profession.
- Evolve your leadership skills – Gain new insights, expand your personal toolset, and learn from those who have come before you.
- Connect with a diverse network of leaders from across the veterinary profession.
- Teach me effective communication techniques to interact more efficiently with clients and coworkers to boost productivity and time management.
- Help you obtain high-quality continuing education that can be utilized to fulfill license requirements.
But wait, there’s more!
The WSVMA will provide a scholarship for one member who wishes to attend AVMA VLC. Apply today! It’s simple!
- Write a brief statement as to why you wish to attend VLC and submit it to Candace Joy ([email protected]) no later than Nov. 12, 2021.
- The applicant receiving the scholarship agrees to 1) attend a WSVMA Board meeting within six months of VLC and 2) provide a statement for the LDC members and Board of Directors on what they learned and how it can benefit the organization and themselves personally moving forward. Selected individuals are encouraged to participate in volunteerism with the WSVMA if they are not already.
- Applicant must be a WSVMA member and graduated from vet school between 2015-2021. Applicants can be self-nominated or made by another WSVMA member. Applicants’ statements will be sent to the WSVMA Leadership Development Committee who will make a recommendation to the WSVMA Board of Directors.
We’d love to have you join us for the 2022 AVMA Veterinary Leadership Conference!
Questions? Contact Candace Joy at [email protected] or call (800) 399-7862.
Posted October 22, 2021