Wednesday, February 17 at 9A – 3P
Front Office Boot Camp
by Terra Shastri
Do you want a full client schedule? Do you want clients committed to your practice? Do you want to exceed client expectations (even during the pandemic)?
This full day workshop (5.5 CE) equips teams with the skills and tools they need to keep clients happy and committed to their pet’s health. The goal is to help staff be more confident and comfortable communicating with clients with the client and patient needs in mind while providing the ultimate client experience!
- Importance of communication (verbal and nonverbal) with clients
- Making a great first impression every time
- Establishing phone protocols
- Turning information calls (i.e. phone shoppers) into appointments
Gaining Commitment from Clients and Articulating Value:
- Communicating value to clients in a language they care about
- Overcoming client objections and initiating discussions
Filling the Appointment Book:
- Evaluating current messaging strategies clinics are using
- Exploring other strategies to book appointments using proven communication methods
Client Service Communication:
- Forbidden phrases when servicing clients – what to say instead
- How to effectively handle disgruntled clients and turn them into raving fans
Managing the Client Experience During the Pandemic
- Taking control of the expectations
- Client communication effectiveness
- Using telemedicine to enhance the client experience
Creating the Ultimate Client Experience:
- What clients want and what can you do about it
- Measuring your clients’ experience
- Being more self-aware – realize how you come across to clients
- How to make a difference
Teaching and building a client-centric culture is Terra’s passion. With over 25 years experience inspiring multi-disciplinary teams to deliver an amazing client experience, Terra knows how to energize staff and get them motivated to provide “WOW” experiences. Knowing that every detail speaks to a client, she encourages people to look at everything through the lens of the client and provides team members with effective communication tools that improve client commitment and overall satisfaction ensuring client retention.
Terra is the Director of Business Development & Strategic Initiatives at the Ontario Veterinary Medical Association. She is responsible for assisting with the economic research conducted with veterinary hospitals across Canada and the U.S. in addition to providing consultation services to hundreds of clinics, while also conducting career coaching sessions with veterinarians. Terra is the regular contributor to several veterinary publications across North America with her WOW Factor and practice management articles – focusing on the client experience, communication, marketing, management and compliance.