Have an opinion on AVMA business? Your AVMA delegates want to hear from you
AVMA member input guides our discussions and our actions. As the AVMA House of Delegates’ August meeting approaches, your delegates Drs. Sandy Willis and Diana Thomé, invite you to share your perspectives on several resolutions and AVMA Bylaws amendments that will be considered during the meeting.
The House of Delegates will meet August 1-2 in Washington, D.C., during the 2019 AVMA Annual Convention. Reference committees consisting of small groups will address the resolutions and amendments first and make recommendations to the full House of Delegates prior to official action. The delegates will consider your input during discussions in both the reference committees and on the House floor.
Resolutions under consideration:
- Resolution 3 – Revised Model Veterinary Practice Act
- Resolution 4 – Revised Policy on Judicious Therapeutic Use of Antimicrobials
- Resolution 5 – Revised Joint American Association of Bovine Practitioners-AVMA Policy on Judicious Therapeutic Use of Antimicrobials in Cattle
- Resolution 6 – Sexual Harassment Awareness
- Resolution 7 – Revised Policy on Pet Health Insurance
- Resolution 8 – Revised Policy on Veterinary Dentistry
Bylaws amendments under consideration:
- Proposed Bylaws Amendment #10 – 2019 Council on Research
- Proposed Bylaws Amendment #11 – 2019 District Director Qualifications
- Proposed Bylaws Amendment #12 – 2019 House Advisory Committee
Your opinions on these important matters will help educate and inform your delegates about your stance on the issues. Your voice helps define the AVMA’s direction and activities, and strengthens all of the AVMA’s work on behalf of the profession.
By [email protected] Editor
Posted July 5, 2019