Join the WSVMA
Join online for the 2012/2013 WSVMA Membership Year
2012/2013 Online Registration - Click here for online registration for new members.
Current Members - Logon and Renew from your Profile Page.
Though we strongly encourage online registration or renewal, you can download and mail in your 2012/2013 Membership Dues Form.
WSVMA’s Key Goals for 2012-13
Continue to address veterinary economic issues for Washington veterinarians and the profession through a variety of measures.
- WSVMA Performance Analytics (link when ready)
- Continuing Education at the WSVMA Annual Conference and smaller CE programs
- Work to enhance public awareness in Washington about veterinary medicine.
Advancing animal welfare
- Pass legislation that provides immunity for veterinarians who report suspected cases of animal cruelty or neglect.
- Farm animal welfare focus by the WSVMA Animal Welfare Committee
Legislative and Regulatory Advocacy for Washington veterinarians, veterinary practices and animals
- Advance animal welfare by passing legislation that provides immunity for veterinarians who report suspected cases of animal cruelty or neglect.
- Work with the Dept of Labor & Industries on the Safe Handling of Hazardous Drugs
- Work with the Dept of Health on improved rules for the Prescription Monitoring Program
- Work with the Board of Pharmacy to ensure safe and legal prescriptions by pharmacists
Disaster preparedness through development of county veterinary coordinator network
See what your colleagues are saying about the WSVMA!
Benefits of being a member of the WSVMA.
- Must be a graduate of a college of veterinary medicine accredited or approved by the American Veterinary Medical Association.
- Must be licensed to practice veterinary medicine in the state of Washington if the field of employment requires licensing by state law.
- Must abide by all stipulations of the Washington State Veterinary Practice Act.
- May vote at the general meetings, hold office, and participate in the business and activities of the Association.
- Retired (A veterinarian may qualify to pay WSVMA retired membership dues if retired from veterinary practice or employed in a veterinary capacity less than 90 days per year.)
- 2010, 2011 or 2012 Graduate or Current Intern/Residents
- Must not reside or practice in the state of Washington.
- Must be a member of the state veterinary association where residing.
- May participate in the programs and activities of the Association.
- Shall not vote or hold office in the Association.
- Supporting members are those involved in the field of veterinary medicine who are not otherwise eligible for membership in the Association but desire to support the purpose of the Association.
- 2012 Graduate
- Retired Member
- Supporting Member
Washington State Veterinary Medical Association
8024 Bracken Pl SE, Snoqualmie, WA 98065
Phone: (425) 396-3191, FAX: (425) 396-3192, E-Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org